Membership is primarily about belonging to a community. At Beth David, that means belonging to a community that cares about you, is here for you in good times, supports you through difficult times and commits to being here for you and your family in the future. Watch our 60th Anniversary video below to learn more.
Your membership at Beth David Includes:
- High Holy Day tickets for primary adult members
- Over 100 Adult Education Classes valued at $2,200
- 20% discount on children’s Hebrew School tuition
- Shabbat youth services
- 50% discount on room rentals for Simchas
- Clergy services for lifecycle events
- Community involvement, programming and events
- And so much more...
What Our Members Are Saying
Since becoming members, our family’s Shabbat has changed quite a lot. We have each made such good friends at Beth David that our children actually ask us to go to shul each week!
The personal contact with the clergy – caring, calling and visiting – it just blew me away. I was amazed by the level of support that I have received here. It has given me a completely new perspective on how meaningful it is to belong to a shul.
As a woman of a certain generation, I never thought that I could lead morning services. The clergy worked with me and taught me simply because I wanted to learn. What an incredible place Beth David is!
Clergy & Staff
- Rabbi Philip Scheim is one of the leading conservative Rabbis in North America and is renowned for his weekly remarks and devotion to Israel.
- Cantor Marshall Loomer leads warm, participatory andmusical services and is one of the leading cantorial voices in Canada.
- Ritual and Education Director Michael Rubin provides knowledgeable guidance about all aspects of Jewish observance in a friendly, easy to understand manner.
Youth & Family Programming
- We have exciting, dynamic and popular activities for families with children of all ages.
- Past family activities have included: Interactive storytelling, musical Havdallah services, apple picking, Sukkah decorating, Friday Night Live Shabbat dinner, Tu B’Shevat Seder, with more to come.
- We offer youth programming that engages children to participate in a variety of age appropriate activities. Our Yedidim (Grades 1-5), Kadima (Grade 6-8), and USY (Grades 9-12) groups are led by experienced staff.
- Past youth programs have included: Challah baking, ice skating, arts and crafts, movie nights, all night Laser Quest, and many more wonderful programmes.
- Our weekly Shabbat morning Junior Congregation includes trivia, parsha-of-the-week play, and introductory davening. Also, a special children’s Kiddush is an appealing spot for the Grades 1-5 crowd! And our SUPER POINTS program rewards kids for their attendance and participation!
- We have a vibrant Pray and Play Shabbat morning program for children aged 2-5 complete with songs & games.
Bar & Bat Mitzvah Program
- Bar/Bat Mitzvah program during year of Bar/Bat Mitzvah is an 8 session extra-curricular program emphasizing community awareness and “Gemilut Chassadim”.
- Our Bar and Bat Mitzvah candidates are encouraged to experience their B’nai mitzvah fully, including chanting both from the Torah and Haftarah, and preparing a D’var Torah.
- We have several options for halls to accommodate simchas from 20 to 200.
- Our caterers will be pleased to delight your guests with one of the most delicious menus in Toronto.
Women in the Shul
- Women count in minyanim and are encouraged to participate in the service through aliyot, reading from the Torah and Haftarah.
Programs for Adults
- High quality speakers & educational opportunities are delivered by our dedicated and informed Adult Education Committee, which present a well-rounded selection of topics of interest to the Jewish community. Regular classes on various topics — Tanach, Hebrew, etc. — take place both at the synagogue & members’ homes.
- Beth David Sisterhood also contributes to synagogue life through many worthwhile activities that create many lasting friendships.
- Beth David Brotherhood organizes engaging programming appealing to men of all ages. From participating in the World Wide Wrap to entertaining concerts and interesting speakers, Brotherhood is a great place to make new friends.